Guaranteed Future Value Program
The choice is yours
Fortunately, there are still some guarantees in life. Volkswagen Choice1 is a flexible finance solution that provides you with the assurance of knowing exactly what the minimum value of your vehicle will be down the track. At the end of your loan, you have the option to trade in, retain or return your vehicle. The choice really is yours.
Please read the Target Market Determinations (TMD)2 document for our Financial Services products. This document ‘Target Market Determination’ describes who a product is appropriate for (target market), and any conditions around how the product can be distributed to customers.
Peace of mind knowing the minimum future value1 of your Volkswagen right from the start
You have three options at the end of your Volkswagen Financial Services contract
A personally tailored finance solution, based on the term and kilometre usage of your vehicle
Upgrade your Volkswagen to the latest model more often, enjoying the best innovations and technologies
How it works
- Choose your favourite Volkswagen model and enjoy peace of mind knowing its minimum future value.
- Choose your preferred term of 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 months, along with an annual km allowance and repayment options.
- Choose one of three end of term options: trade in, retain or return.
Your options at the end of the term
What you choose at the end of your loan is up to you.
You can trade in your Volkswagen for a new one at the dealership. In the event that the trade-in value is higher than the Guaranteed Future Value4, you can use the equity towards your new vehicle.
If you want to keep your Volkswagen, simply let us know. If you’ve met the relevant payment obligations under your contract, you can purchase your vehicle outright for the Guaranteed Future Value4.
Maintaining your vehicle
We understand that you will want to keep your Volkswagen in premium condition. To ensure the integrity of the Guaranteed Future Value Program1, your Volkswagen must be in acceptable condition when you return it to us and must not exceed the kilometre limit as every kilometre over your limit is charged at 66 cents per kilometre. We also understand that some reasonable wear and tear is only to be expected, but it needs to remain within the provisions set by your Volkswagen Financial Services contract. If you exceed your nominated kilometre allowance, it will reduce your Guaranteed Future Value. However this won’t affect your ability to Trade in, Retain or Return your vehicle.
What is Guaranteed Minimum Future Value?
A loan with Guaranteed Future Value gives you the flexibility, certainty and peace of mind of having the three options once your lease period on your work vehicle expires. You can upgrade your Volkswagen for a new one, retain your current vehicle or simply return the vehicle to a Volkswagen dealer.A Guaranteed Future Value loan is like any other loan with a balloon payment at the conclusion of the term. The only difference is that Volkswagen will guarantee the minimum return value of the vehicle to ensure it covers the final payment. This means that if the vehicle is in good condition, has met the agreed kilometre usage and is undamaged – you and your business will never be out of pocket when trading your vehicle in to cover the final payment.
1. Volkswagen Choice has a Guaranteed Future Value (GFV) which is the minimum value of your vehicle at the end of your finance contract as determined by Volkswagen Financial Services (VFS) ABN 20 097 071 460, Australian Credit Licence 389 344. If you decide to return your vehicle to VFS at the end of your term, VFS will pay you the agreed GFV, which will be put against your final payment subject to fair wear and tear conditions and agreed kilometres being met. At the end of your term, you can elect to (1) trade-in; (2) return; or (3) retain the vehicle by paying the GFV owed to VFS at the end of the loan term after all repayments have been made. You will be liable for any loan contract deficit and additional charges apply if you exceed the nominated kilometre allowance and/or the vehicle is not in an acceptable condition. To see if this product is right for you, please see our Target Market Determination on our website and/or seek independent advice. Subject to a credit assessment and VFS lending criteria. Fleet, government, rental and used car buyers, hire car and chauffeur companies excluded.
4. Volkswagen Choice consists of an option to return your vehicle to VFS at the end of the term and requires VFS to purchase the vehicle at an agreed price determined by VFS, known as the Guaranteed Future Value (GFV). At the end of the term, you can elect to: (1) trade-in; (2) return; or (3) retain the vehicle by paying the GFV, which is a lump sum owed to VFS at the end of the loan term after all repayments have been made. You will be liable for any loan contract deficit and additional charges if you exceed the nominated kilometre allowance and/or the vehicle is not in an acceptable condition. Fleet, government, rental buyers, hire car and chauffeur companies excluded.